An ideal rejuvenating massage oil
Are you confused about which massage oil to invest in for various skin and general health-related issues and cannot zero-in on just one?
Is your cabinet stocked up with expensive products that were sold to you based on hollow promises?
About Santhwanam Oil
SANTHWANAM OIL helps improve blood circulation, mental clarity and also strengthens all tissues, improving strength and longevity. Additionally, is not only effective in rheumatic conditions and relaxes the mind, but also acts as an emollient to the Skin, which tones it up through essential nourishment and moisturization. The experts at Kerala Ayurveda, have formulated a consolidated solution called SANTHWANAM OIL to help you in countering some crucial symptoms of health deteriorating problems.
Benefits of Santhwanam Oil
- Itching, dryness, and dullness of skin
- Muscle cramps, pain, and stiffness
- Rheumatoid Joint Pain (Arthritis) and Inflammation
- Headache, Fatigue, and Stress-based symptoms like Hair loss, Tension, Vertigo, Laziness, Indigestion, Ulcers, Blood Pressure Spikes etc.
- Swelling in feet, ankles, and legs due to blood circulation issues and general Edema
- Cold hands and feet because of blood circulation issues
- Numbness and Tingling in Hands and Feet
- Muscle-wasting which can lead to kidney issues
- Pain due to Sciatica
Who Will Benefit from SANTHWANAM OIL?
- Children and Adults with muscular issues and epilepsy
- Persons with skin issues affected by poor blood circulation including pigmentation, Dermatitis/Eczema, and skin discoloration
- Adults and Children with frequent memory loss and concentration issues
- Arthritis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, and Gout Patients
- Subjects with Varicose Vein issues
- Children who are susceptible to muscle wear and tear
- People with radiating and recurring back pain
Mode of application
Oil may be applied profusely in conjunction with massage and steam therapy, or as a mild, daily application or as directed by the physician
Ayurvedic Herbs in Santhwanam Oil
Santhwanam oil is prepared using four key ingredients Bala, Devadaru, Manjistha, and Sariva.
- Bala is Sida cordifolia, known as country mallow
- It is helpful in balancing all three doshas
- It is anti-inflammatory and is used in the treatment of arthritis and muscle stiffness
- The oil is used in the treatment of facial paralysis and cervical spondylitis
- It can be used for treating neuro-muscular diseases
- It is helpful in improving blood circulation
- It rejuvenates the tissues
- Manjistha is Rubia cordifolia or red madder root
- It is known in Ayurveda as an herb for rejuvenation
- It can be used to treat varicose veins, eczema, and psoriasis
- It is useful in improving the working of the immune system to improve general health
- When used on the skin, it nourishes and rejuvenates
- It has blood purifying and anti-oxidative properties
- Devadaru is Cedrus deodara, which is the Himalayan cedar
- It is useful in the treatment of nerve diseases and problems. It can be used for those suffering from paralysis
- It is anti-inflammatory and reduces skin itching and swelling
- It is helpful when used in massage to reduce pain from headaches, and arthritis
- It can be helpful for those suffering from cervical spondylosis and arthritis
- Sariva is Hemidesmus indicus, known as Indian sarsaparilla
- It is one of the ayurvedic medicines that can balance all three doshas
- It is helpful in the treatment of skin diseases
- It is helpful in removing ama toxins
- It is used to treat gout, joint stiffness, and sciatica
- It can help in detoxification of the blood and thus has a cleansing effectvl
Santhwanam is an ayurvedic massage oil from Kerala Ayurveda. This is an oil that when massaged to the skin nourishes and moisturizes it and provides many health benefits. This massage oil can be applied through self-massage by applying mildly on to the skin. It can be applied through a body massage or even as a part of steam therapy.
Santhwanam is an ayurvedic oil for varicose veins, which can be used in the treatment of many health conditions. It can relieve anxiety, improve the circulation of blood in the body, strengthen the body tissues, and improve strength and flexibility. The body massage oil india from Kerala Ayurveda can be helpful in treating many health conditions.
- It is useful to treat joint pain as a result of arthritis and rheumatism
- It can be helpful in the treatment of sciatica. Relief for numbness in the feet which may happen due to sciatica can be obtained from a massage
- It improves circulation of blood and can reduce swelling that occurs due to circulation related issues. Massage can help manage sudden increase in blood pressure
- It is useful to provide relief from stress and tension
- It is an ayurvedic massage oil for varicose veins
- It is helpful to treat skin problems including itching of skin and dry skin, as it nourishes the skin. Those having eczema or pigmentation problems can benefit from a massage using this oil
- It is useful to relieve stiffness, muscle pain, and cramps
- Those facing neuro-muscular problems can get relief through a massage
- Children who have problems with concentration can experience benefits through a massage
You can buy Santhwanam body massage oil online or through any of the outlets where Kerala Ayurveda products are available. You can buy the massage oil online from the website of Kerala Ayurveda. Instead of using different medicines, you can use this oil to give you multiple health benefits through a relaxing massage.
There would have been many occasions when you were tired and exhausted after a tiring day. A body massage would have helped you feel fresh and rejuvenated with all your body aches disappearing. A head massage can be very helpful in getting relief from headache. Massage can be helpful in reducing stress and feeling relaxed. Massage can be done using oil or as a plain massage using one’s fingers. Massages are best done by experts who are experienced and know how much pressure to use while performing the massage so that you feel comfortable and relaxed. A massage involves pressing, rubbing and manipulating your skin and muscles. It may be done as a light massage or a deep massage with pressure. Ayurveda gives a lot of important for massage as a part of treatment.
Need for Massage
A massage is done not just for relaxation but is a therapy used to treat various ailments and conditions. Holistic treatment uses massage as one component of the treatment. The need for massage is based on the fact that it provides multiple benefits for a patient.
The following benefits of a massage explain why it is needed:
- Massages are useful to get relief from headaches
- A massage is one of the best options for those suffering from joint pain
- A massage can make a person relaxed and it soothes the muscles of the body. It is a great way to de-stress and reduce anxiety levels. In today’s stress-filled world, regular massages can help to improve a person’s mental health by relieving them from tension
- Those suffering from back pain will find a massage one of the best options to provide relief
- Shoulder pain, wrist, pain, pain in the arms, pain in the neck are common symptoms people experience today due to the kind of work they do. Working with computers and mobile phones can cause various pains. A massage can help to relieve pain
- Stiffness of muscles is a problem those suffering from rheumatism and arthritis face. Elderly people are more prone to this. Massage can help deal with stiffness of muscles and ensure flexibility
- Those suffering from sleeplessness can find a massage very relaxing and help them sleep well
- Massage is helpful for those facing digestive problems
- Women who suffer from pain during their menstrual periods can experience relief through massages
- Massage is helpful in the treatment of diseases like cancer as it can help provide relief from symptoms of pain and inflammation
- A massage is one of the best ways to be rejuvenated, re-energized and feel fresh
- It can increase alertness and improve one’s stamina. A massage in the morning can keep a person energetic throughout the day
Ayurveda’s view of massage.
The three doshas in the body Vata, Pitta, and Kapha regulate body functioning and their imbalance cause diseases and health problems. Ayurveda gives a lot of importance to massage and recommends an oil massage to balance Vata, Pitta, and Kapha. Massage is known as Abhyanga in Ayurveda. The word Abhyanga is derived from Abhi, which means towards and Anga, which means body.
Abhyanga involves carrying out massage on the body in the direction of the arterial flow of blood. Massage is done in the direction of the body hair and never against. In Ayurvedic treatment, Abhyanga is done using oil, paste prepared from herbs, or ghee. One of the key ayurvedic treatments, Panchakarma makes use of massage.
Abhyanga involves Samvahaan, which is a gentle rubbing of the skin. Peedan is pressing the skin and squeezing, and Mardan is massage involving pressure on the body.
Charaka Samhita mentions three types of massages:
- Sarvangha abhyanga, which is a full body massage
- Shiro abhyanga that is massage of the head
- Pada abhyanga, which is massage of the feet
Massage is done usually in the morning so that the ama or toxins that have accumulated the previous day can be removed through the massage. Massage should be followed by a bath.
While a massage is best done by an expert, you can even do a body massage on your own. You can apply oil (preferably warmed) all over your body in a gentle way. Make sure you apply the oil to the ears, nostrils, and other orifices. Rubbing oil on the scalp is commonly done before a bath. You can even rub oil on the soles to help you sleep well.
While doing the massage, keep the following in mind:
Massage should not be done in a cold room.
- Use warm oil on the body and lukewarm oil on the head
- Apply pressure using your fingers and hand
- Use light motion while spreading oil on the abdomen and heart regions
- Massage areas like the soles, palms, and the base of the fingernail for more time as these areas have nerve endings
- The body has straight areas like hands and legs, where you can use straight motion to apply oil. For rounded areas of your body like the head and joints, use a circular motion for the best effect
- Spend maximum time on massaging your head
Once you complete the massage, allow it to penetrate into the body by leaving it for a minimum of 15 minutes. You can then take a hot bath. Carrying out a self-massage in the evening can be very helpful in feeling completely relaxed, especially after a tiring day. It can help you sleep well. Try to do a self-massage, two or three times a week to get the best results