Punarnavadi Kwath Tablet
Reference Text: (Sarngadhara samhita)
Punarnavadi Kwath or Punarnavadi kashayam tablets can greatly help in the treatment of the oedema, ascites and anemia. These tablets have a cooling and cleansing effect and improve blood circulation to effectively address swelling and its root causes. It has anti-inflammatory properties and is a natural laxative.
This ayurvedic medicine for fever combats the serious conditions of oedema, ascites and anemia with its unique combination of powerful herbs and natural diuretic properties. It causes an excessive passing of urine and the removal of the diseases through urine. Gomutra works exceptionally well in combination with this medicine and gives a lasting improvement. It’s also a helpful ayurvedic medicine for cough.
Nisha – Turmeric
- Safely fights inflammation
- Improves liver functioning
- Natural pain reliver
- Reduces the risk of cancer
- The most natural healing agent
Punarnava - Boerhaavia diffusa
- Pain relief
- Anti-inflammatory effect
- Expectorant properties
- Cures heart diseases, anemia and oedema
- Keeps the liver healthy
- Heals congestive heart failure
Musta – Cyperus rotundus
- Highly edible with high nutritional values
- Rectifies digestive system disorders in the most natural way
- Attacks the underlying causes of high fever
Daru – Cedrus deodara
- Useful for all major fevers
- Helps Heal neurological disorders, asthma and infected wounds
- Effectively cures pruritus and arthritis
Pathya – Terminalia chebula
- Protects the liver and is helpful respiratory conditions
- Rectifies digestive disorders, including diarrhea constipation and indigestion
Tikta – Andrographis paniculate
- Useful for an array of diseases like cancer, high blood pressure, leprosy, skin diseases and others
- Successfully heals infections causing the aforementioned diseases
Patola – Luffa acutangular
- Its fruit has demulcent, diuretic and nutritive properties
- The seeds are considered purgative and emetic
- It has anti-cancer, antioxidant, gastroprotective, antidiabetic, hepatoprotective, cardioprotective and antimicrobial properties
Oedema, Ascites and Anemia:
An increasing number of people are experiencing a life-threatening condition called oedema and ascites. Oedema is caused by excessive fluid trapped in the cavities and tissues of the body. It usually occurs from staying in a single position for a very long time, premenstrual symptoms and consuming excessive amounts of salty food. Several other diseases like kidney damage, liver damage and congestive heart failure can also lead to this critical condition. There are many suffering from ascites where fluid builds up excessively in the abdomen. Thyroid issues, tuberculosis, heart failure and cancer cause the condition. Anemia is another common and dangerous medical condition that has claimed a number of lives in recent times. Most of these conditions are associated with high fever and persistent cough. When the fever and cough don’t go away even after several doses of medication, then it’s an indication of a more serious health condition. It has got something to do with the cavities and the tissues of the body that require immediate attention.
Causes of oedema, ascites and anemia in detail
There are numerous causes that lead to these aforementioned health conditions that can be life-threatening. These are:
- Cirrhosis, the damage to the liver easily lets fluid trap in the abdomen and the legs that cause swelling of limbs, abdominal discomfort and shortness of breath
- Kidney damage that leads to nephrotic syndrome and excessive loss of protein via urine. When protein levels in the blood decline significantly, it leads to fluid accumulation and causes oedema or ascites
- Kidney disease leads to an excessive production of fluid and sodium that circulates in your body. The resulting swelling occurs in the legs and around the eyes
- Chronic venous insufficiency causes weakness and damages the veins in the legs. This causes the leakage of blood into your leg veins and cause swelling. It also leads to blood clots in the legs and the calf
- An inflammatory disease of the pancreas that affects the production of enzymes and hormones needed to break down and digest food
- Hyperthyroidism that leads to obesity, heart diseases and muscle weakness with pain and swelling of the joints. This leads to a condition where fluids get trapped in various tissues easily
- A faulty red blood cell production or a deficiency in the number of high-quality red blood cells that affect levels of oxygen. The low level of hemoglobin doesn’t carry the amount of oxygen required by the body parts and tissues. Faulty red blood cell production causes severe mineral and vitamin deficiency. The condition shows up as ascites
- Excessive bleeding during periods leads to severe blood loss and leads to the development of anemia
- Heart diseases and congestive heart failure that fails to pump enough blood leading to blood back up in the legs and feet. Your abdomen starts to swell and fluid starts collecting in the lungs leading to shortness of breath
- The network of organs and tissues forming the lymphatic system gets affected due to cancer. The system is responsible to rid the body of toxins and wastes. It produces a liquid called lymph to fight infection throughout the body through white blood cells. A cancer surgery can damage this system, affecting the lymph nodes and vessels
Ayurveda’s take on oedema, ascites and anemia
While there are proven treatments, medications and surgeries to treat the underlying causes of these deadly diseases, the budget involved usually skyrockets. Contemporary treatments also cause a number of after-effects that show up eventually. Most treatments aim to cure the symptoms that can cause the condition to come back. Moreover, attending only the symptoms can leave the condition untreated completely or some symptoms ignored. This is where the ayurvedic approach to treat oedema, ascites and anemia comes in. Ayurvedic medicine for oedema comprises of ingredients inspired from nature. Ayurveda takes a holistic route to treat oedema at the root level.
Likewise ayurvedic medicine for ascites is completely free from chemicals commonly found in the modern variety of medication. Ayurveda proposes to treat both the conditions through herbal remedies. The finest quality herbs are used on the strict lines of Ayurveda that are completely free from preservatives and additives.
The remedies of Ayurveda to treat oedema and ascites vary based on the complications and the causes of swelling. Besides natural medication, Ayurveda stresses on eating fresh and healthy food and follow an active lifestyle.
Ayurvedic medicine for anaemia has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory features that also aid in treating the causes of oedema and ascites. Since persistent cough can prevail with these diseases, ayurvedic medicine for cough is formulated on the lines of herbal treatments for oedema and ascites.